Monday, March 23, 2009

OUCH! Again



We've been so busy I didn't have time to duck my head! Well, maybe I'm making excuses, but I'm sticking to it.

We've had a Kids Connection Delegation in town and making sure they touch base with as many of the orphans we work with, as possible. So it has been a lot of running around. More on that in a later update.

Saturday the American team and Delegation went on a picnic to the mountains. A favorite activity to do here and since Spring has arrived it is our first Mountain picnic this year.

In preparation we were pulling together supplies. A must is having a large ground cover (outside tarp) and some camping cushions for us to sit on. Unfortunately the office was temporarily without electricity. (Not uncommon here) and the back storage area has no windows so all I had was a flash light. (picture well lit with camera flash) I hastily grabbed the ground cover and mats and was darting out to put them in the car. Even though I am not a tall guy by normal standards I know I need to duck a bit when exiting. But with the lights out it didn't register with me how low the open way was. And, as you can see, it is solid concrete.

I hit the concrete so hard I immediately fell to the ground. Knowing exactly what I did I knew a headache would soon be upon me as well as the initial pain. I went to my desk to get some Excedrin and in the process just touched the top of my head. It felt a little warm so I knew there was some blood. But before I knew it I had blood running down my face, so I looked for my co-worker Beth to give me some aid. Before I found her, a delegate Marion, was there to help stop the bleeding.

Thanks to all for their help and first aid. We quickly stopped the bleeding and finished packing to go on our picnic. All had a nice time and my head pain did not keep me from enjoying a nice roasted chicken lunch and plenty of snacks.

All in all it was a very nice trip with the gang and a nice rest from an otherwise very busy week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken you really are quite aMAZing at getting interesting injuries!!! You could probably write a quite interesting book just on your Kaz injuries!!!

benny krown said...

geez louise ken... your foot (in the river last summer with the commonway delegation and the stitches), your head... what's next?
hope you are well. miss you!
kenny