Sunday, April 27, 2008

Never a Dull Moment



I went with Sara, my co-worker in Taraz, to the near by city of Shymkent. Interlink has a second office there where some of the same work is continuing. There we have a phone system that my friend Andrew and I installed some time ago. They were having some difficulties so Sara and I went. Sara handles the tech portion of phone work while I handle the wiring and other needs.

As it is with working overseas, there are many aspects to our jobs. This phone system is not common here and most local telephone workers simply have never seen anything like our digital Panasonic telephone system.

In any case we were able to accomplish the work in good order and also got to see some great scenery along the way. These mountains are plentiful in these parts and this camel, well, we just happened by and decided to steal a shot. Later others went for a closer look and actually were able to pet him.

There is never a dull moment here in Kazakhstan and it is one of the reasons why I love living here. Now back to the regular work of caring for orphans. This is never dull nor do I tire of it :) All for now.
PS. just so you know my girlfriend and I decided to break things off. Tks for your much encouragement and many pr.s

No comments: