Monday, July 7, 2008

The Old and the New!



I just completed one small project here. The old ladder at the house I am living in has been repaired many times over the years. Here in Kazakhstan if something breaks they just add on another piece of wood to keep it together. The old ladder is smaller and yet, with all the added wood, is heavier than the new ladder which is an extended 3 feet. I also used bolts to secure the steps while cutting out notches for the steps to fit into. I've yet to varnish the new ladder, which it will need to keep protected from the coming winter.

Now I can gain access to the garage roof (pictured with ladders) and the grape vine lattice. As the vines grow they need to be laced in the metal framed lattice which supports the grapes and also turns the grape vines into an awning providing much needed shade for my car in the dog days of summer. As you can see in the second picture the vines are in much need of attention. I'll use the new ladder to redirect the vines on the lattice.

Hope your house projects are going well.
Keep me posted on your end.
All for now
Ken

No comments: